What happens once you are accepted to join our team of Leaders?
Our team will welcome you into our New Leader Onboarding and Orientation program. You’ll get one-on-one, group and community support as you establish your first season of classes (and ongoing!). You’ll also complete our New Leader Course—perhaps the most loved part of becoming a Leader.
Leaders complete the self-paced, online New Leader course in their first season. It prepares them not only to deliver superb class experiences, but to more deeply understand our approach and to reflect on and develop their own special craft. The course includes self-guided and live components and covers five topics in depth:
- Tinkergarten Mission, Program Design and Impact
- Community Outreach — How to Engage and Build Local Community
- Child Development — Supporting Explorers (kids) in our Program
- Adult Development — Supporting Guides (grown ups) in our Program
- Supporting All Learners — Striving for Justice in our Work
Thank you for all the wonderful learning courses throughout the years. The training I had in child development deeply impacted the way I think about teaching. — Nicole, Leader for 14 seasons
There is just nothing better than the Tinkergarten Leader training. I would love to refer parents and myself to a paid offering of the child development portion of the training. It gave such a richness to my experience as a mother. — Ellen, Leader for 8 seasons