Here are some common issues and fixes for using Zoom. If you need additional support, please head to Zoom’s comprehensive help center. You can read more about how we use Zoom and about our class policies here.
“The zoom link is not working”
- Be sure that you have downloaded zoom on the device you are using for Tinkergarten class.
- Click directly on the link provided in the email sent to you the day before class.
- Quit and reload zoom.
- Review system requirements for using the zoom platform here. You can also use this link to make sure that you’re using the latest version of Zoom.
- Restart your computer.
"I am trying to join my session and I’m seeing the message 'Waiting for Host'"
- This message means that the Leader has not yet started the meeting. In most cases, you may just need to wait a few moments for class to begin.
- Confirm that you are joining at the scheduled day, time and time zone for your class.
- Please check your email to see if the Leader has messaged the group with alternate arrangements for class.
- If there are no messages and you are still seeing the message “Waiting for Host,” please contact your Leader to confirm that the session day, time and zoom link are correct.
"I’m in class but I can’t hear anything"
- Make sure your device’s audio output is on.
- Test your audio and video on Zoom: https://zoom.us/test
- Read this article from the Zoom Help Center.
"I was disconnected from my class"
- Check your internet speed. You may need to move locations to be closer to your router.
- Restart your computer and/or browser
- Quit unrelated applications on your device as these can slow down your connection.