While we’re not able to offer our in-person classes at this time, you can still experience Tinkergarten and our Creativity season right from home. After a successful summer pilot, we will be expanding our Tinkergarten Online Circle Time program starting in September. Our Classes page will start listing available classes in August.
What is Online Circle Time?
In our small-group, online sessions, an experienced Tinkergarten Leader will connect with each child while helping you launch hours of joyful, purposeful play for them. You'll get our Creativity curriculum and a live demo each week to help you follow along at home — all to keep your child connected to other kids and the outdoors!
What is the structure of class?
Each Online Circle Time is 30 minutes long, consisting of five key components:
- Welcome and Sharing: Class Leader connects with the class community and makes sure children feel seen, celebrated, and engaged.
- Tinkergarten Songs and Warm-Up: Children are led through familiar songs and movement exercises, including our traditional Come to Tinkergarten song with new, special verses introduced each week.
- Step-by-step demo of each creativity lesson: The leader introduces the week’s play activity and demos the play to provide inspiration and encouragement to families.
- Goodbye: The leader sings and says goodbye, then sends the kids off to play!
- Q&A: Parents can ask questions about how to facilitate their child's play.
Are there specific age groups?
Yes. To best support learners, we will offer Circle Time in two age levels: 2-5 years and 5-8 years. Our Online Circle Time is designed for ages 2 and up given general guidance about children’s development and attending to screen-based experiences. If younger siblings want to join, they are most welcome to join and follow along, supported by watching their sibling(s) as well as the Tinkergarten Leader.
When do classes start?
Classes will begin the week of September 14-20 and run once per week for 8 weeks, ending the week of November 2. There are hundreds of classes to choose from, so pick the day and time that works best for your family!
What technology do I need?
You’ll need a reliable internet connection and a laptop computer (preferred) or desktop. All 8 sessions will be conducted through Zoom, so you’ll also need a (free) Zoom account.
How much does it cost?
Online Circle Time costs $72 per family for the 8-session class. The cost is the same if you have one of your children attending or siblings tagging along. Families that enroll after the class starts will pay a prorated fee based on the number of remaining sessions.
Are there class communications?
Absolutely! At noon the day before each class you will receive a "pre-message" email with information about that week’s activity and the class Zoom link. After each class you will also have the ability to rate that session on a scale of 1 to 5, with 5 being great!
What else do we get?
To help you carry on the fun, playful learning at home, you’ll receive:
- Weekly printable activity plans by age group
- Season book list and weekly read alouds
- Printable resources to help you set up and support play
- Videos to teach you about your child’s learning and development
- Access to our curated supplies store