Why are photos a valuable part of Tinkergarten?
Photos teach. Taking, sharing, and reviewing photographs of children’s experiences in Tinkergarten classes supports our community of learners in the following ways:
- FAMILIES can reflect on kids' learning together: Photos allow families to reflect on their children’s experience at Tinkergarten as individual learners and as members of a learning community.
- LEADERS can celebrate kids' play: Each week, Leaders will share a slideshow of the photos submitted since the last class. Sharing photos with your Leader allows them to connect with your kids and celebrate all of the playful learning they are doing.
- KIDS learn from one another: As kids see images of their peers at play, they get inspired to play more themselves and get to know their classmates better.
How do I upload photos?
If you are enrolled in a Tinkergarten class, uploading photos will allow you to share photos of your child(ren)'s play with your Leader and, should you choose, with other families enrolled in the class. Here's how to upload photos:
- Log into tinkergarten.com.
- Click into your current class's "Class Dashboard."
- Click on the a grey [+] icon at the top of the Dashboard screen to upload photos. Any photos you upload will be associated with the most recent session and lesson in that Tinkergarten class.
- Click Yes/No to adjust your sharing preferences at any time.
Note: If you would like to upload photos related to another past session of Tinkergarten, scroll down to see your Completed Sessions. Then click "Upload Photos" button under that session.
How are photos used?
When you upload photos via your Class Dashboard, Leaders will automatically see them.
If you choose "Yes" to share the photos with the class community, your Leader will include those photos in the slideshow they share during the next class session. Other enrolled families will also be able to view the photos you've uploaded, only while logged in and viewing the Class List.
If you select "No" to sharing the photos with the class community, only your Leader will be able to view the photos that you upload.
Will Tinkergarten use any of the photos I upload?
Tinkergarten uses photographs to illustrate learning concepts and promote outdoor play and playful learning on our website or in other materials/media. Before we would use any photo in that way, we would reach out directly to the parent of the child(ren) in the photo and secure their permission.
Parents often choose to share pictures of their kids at play with Tinkergarten across social media, as they do with many other kids activities. Those choices are up to the individual parent.